Monday, December 28, 2015

Dreamland, Turner, and The Belgian Cafe

Yesterday was a day of odd surprises. After watching 'Edge of Tomorrow' in the morning, we set off for Margate. Originally I had thought we were going straight to the Turner Gallery, however my Dad pulled up to a small amusement park, ironically named 'Dreamland'. It's fairground rides and small roller-coaster looked as if to be trying to cover up the run down area, and the peeling 'Dreamland' sign added to this aesthetic. Overall, against the grey skies, and towering flats looming in the background, it looked a little creepy. - I quite liked it.



After Dreamland, and visiting the Turner Gallery we then went to Ramsgate to see the boats lit up with Christmas lights, and also to eat. For food we went to The Belgian Cafe - a bar furnished with a jumble of mismatching tables and chairs, movie posters lining the ceiling, paintings covering the walls, and even ornamental mannequins (3 female and 1 male from what I could see). It looked like what I imagine my mind look like - a jumble of bits and pieces I have picked up from my experiences.

The boats lit up at Ramsgate

Sketch of the interior of the Belgian Cafe - fineliner



No comments:

Post a Comment