Thursday, December 10, 2015

Life Drawing Lesson 3

This week we had a couple short in the class, allowing us to spread out and choose which view we wanted. The media we used this week was also allot more experimental, with more mixed media. Overall I'm not very happy with how any of the drawings turned out, however I like the process of the last, completely mixed media drawing.

To start out we were told to draw the figure in only 6 lines. Not only is this already hard to do, but the view I had was also very difficult to make look good. In the end I sort of gave up, having restarted the drawing 3 times - not a good mindset to have, but I felt there was no way I could actually make this drawing work.


Things didn't seem to progress much better than that, the overall figure not being in proportion and just not looking right in general. After the first catastrophe we did a fine liner and tissue paper drawing, using the tissue paper as the shading. We also did another reclining pose using charcoal, chalk, biro, pencil and fineliner pen. I quite liked the materials for this piece, however again, the form and proportions don't look right.




No comments:

Post a Comment