Thursday, December 3, 2015

Life Drawing Lesson 2

For the second week of life drawing, we were a bit more experimental with our media. We chose a minimal palette of oil pastels to use on different coloured grounds. I decided on using 3 different shades of blue and also a piece of white chalk. Despite oil pastels being completely new to me, I really liked how these came out, with the colours and also the white to highlight the light shining on the model.



We then did a longer reclining pose in pencil again, and were told to look at and use the negative space around the model. We also rotated where we were sat to get a different view, which ended up with me having a much more challenging angle to what I would have had in my original space. At first I wasn't very happy with this, however I feel like the drawing actually has turned out the best so far. There are allot of things to improve (especially the legs) however, overall I don't think it came out too badly.



No comments:

Post a Comment